BROCCOLI PESTO PASTA
SUITABLE FROM 6 MONTHS
MAKES 3 SERVINGS / PREPARE 5 MINS / COOK 30 MINS
This vibrant broccoli pesto is quick and easy to make! Whizz it together and toss it with pasta for a fresh, flavourful weeknight dinner.
1 cup/100g pasta (of choice)
1 cup/75g broccoli florets
½ cup fresh basil or parsley
4 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup/60g grated Parmesan cheese or substitute
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove
¼ tsp black pepper
1. First add the pasta to the Beaba Babycook®rice/pasta cooker. Fill the water reservoir to water level 3 and add 1/2 cup/120ml water to the insert with the pasta. Steam cook. Once steamed, place the pasta into a bowl and set aside.
2. Then, add the broccoli to the steaming basket and fill the water reservoir to level 1, and steam cook.
3. Carefully open the lid, discard the water at the bottom of the blending bowl and then tip the broccoli into the blending bowl.
4. Add the remaining pesto ingredients into the bowl and blend to a smooth consistency.
5. Tip the pesto into the bowl with the pasta and toss to combine.
6. You can blend this down to your babies preferred texture, you may want to add a splash of their usual milk.
7. This can be stored in the fridge for 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Broccoli – source of vitamin c, fibre & vitamin k
Parsley – rich in antioxidants
Check Us Out!