BROCCOLI & CHEESE BISCUITS
SUITABLE FROM 8 MONTHS
MAKES 30 SMALL BISCUITS /15 LARGE BISCUITS / PREPARE 5 MINS / COOK 30 MINS
Broccoli and cheese are such a delicious combination! These veggie loaded savoury biscuits are so buttery and bursting with flavour – make a big batch to see you through snack time for the week.
Broccoli is a real superfood and a good source of fibre, protein and high in vitamins A, C, E, K. Chia seeds add omega 3 fatty acids and protein. These biscuits are: Packed with protein Flavoursome Great for lunchboxes Batch cook able Absolutely delicious!
3/4 cup/55g broccoli (chopped)
1/2 cup/110g butter (cold)
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup/110g spelt flour or substitute wholemeal flour
1 cup/120g grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Add the broccoli to the steam basket. Fill the steamer reservoir with water to level 1 and steam for 5 minutes.
2. Preheat your oven to 180c/360f and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Once the broccoli has steamed, empty the water from the blending bowl and then tip the broccoli in and blend until fine.
4. Then add the butter, garlic powder, chia seeds, spelt flour, cheddar cheese and olive oil. Blend until a soft dough forms.
5. Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of baking parchment.
6. Using cookie cutters, cut out shapes and transfer to the prepared baking tray. Alternatively, use a knife to cut squares or diagonals.
7. Bake for 15 – 18 mins until golden.
8. Allow to cool before serving.
9. They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Broccoli – source of fibre, protein and vitamins A, C, E, K. Chia seeds – source of omega 3 fatty acids and protein
Check Us Out!