BROCCOLI & CHEESE BISCUITS – My Little Food Critic
SUITABLE FROM 8 MONTHS
MAKES 30 SMALL BISCUITS /15 LARGE BISCUITS / PREPARE 5 MINS / COOK 30 MINS
Broccoli and cheese are such a delicious combination! These veggie loaded savoury biscuits are so buttery and bursting with flavour – make a big batch to see you through snack time for the week.
Broccoli is a real superfood and a good source of fibre, protein and high in vitamins A, C, E, K. Chia seeds add omega 3 fatty acids and protein. These biscuits are: Packed with protein Flavoursome Great for lunchboxes Batch cook able Absolutely delicious!
3/4 cup/55g broccoli (chopped)
1/2 cup/110g butter (cold)
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup/110g spelt flour or substitute wholemeal flour
1 cup/120g grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Add the broccoli to the Babycook® steaming basket. Fill the water reservoir with water to level 1 (Babycook Solo Express 150ml on Express Cooking Mode / 170ml on Standard Cooking Mode) and steam.
2. Preheat your oven to 180c/360f and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
3. Once the broccoli has steamed, empty the water from the Babycook® blending bowl and then tip the broccoli in and blend until fine.
4. Then add the butter, garlic powder, chia seeds, spelt flour, cheddar cheese and olive oil. Blend until a soft dough forms.
5. Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of baking parchment.
6. Using cookie cutters, cut out shapes and transfer to the prepared baking tray. Alternatively, use a knife to cut squares or diagonals.
7. Bake for 15 – 18 mins until golden.
8. Allow to cool before serving.
9. They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Broccoli – source of fibre, protein and vitamins A, C, E, K. Chia seeds – source of omega 3 fatty acids and protein