BUTTERNUT SQUASH & SALMON PURÉE – My Little Food Critic
SUITABLE FROM 6 MONTHS
MAKES 4 SERVINGS / PREPARE 10 MINS / COOK 15 MINS
This quick and easy purée is so brimming with omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin A, C and potassium. Blitz it down to a purée or leave a chunkier texture and serve alongside pitta bread for dipping, or couscous for a balanced meal.
1 cup/150g chopped butternut squash
100g salmon, chopped into cubes
A handful of parsley, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Add the butternut squash, salmon and garlic to the steaming basket and fill the water reservoir to level 2. Select steam cook.
2. Once steamed, carefully open the lid and remove the steamer basket.
3. Tip the contents of the steam basket into the blending bowl. Leave the water at the bottom of the steam basket as this has so much flavour!
4. Add the parsley and black pepper. Blitz to purée to your babies preferred texture.
5. Serve and enjoy!
6. This puree can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Butternut squash – high in vitamin A Salmon – good source of omega 3 fatty acids
Check Us Out!