CHEESE LOAF – My Little Food Critic
SUITABLE FROM 8 MONTHS
MAKES 1 LOAF / PREPARE 10 MINS / COOK 30 MINS
This cheese loaf is really quick and easy to make – perfect for when you want something savoury in a hurry. There are only 6 ingredients, no kneading, no yeast and it’s so easy to make!
This is delicious with some butter spread over and so tastes lovely toasted!
2 cups/220g spelt flour or use wholemeal flour
1/4 cup/30g pumpkin seeds
3/4 cup/180ml buttermilk
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup/90g grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp dried thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray.
2. Add the pumpkin seeds to the blending bowl and pulse until they are broken down to a rough powder.
3. Then add the flour, baking soda and thyme to the blending bowl and pulse to combine.
4. Add the butter milk and grated cheese to the blending bowl and pulse to combine.
5. Scoop out the dough and bring together gently with your hands.
6. Shape into a loaf and using a knife mark an “X” on the top.
7. Bake for 30 minutes until golden and risen.
8. Allow to cool before slicing.
9. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Pumpkin seeds – rich in protein and iron
Cheese – provides calcium and protein
Check Us Out!