CHESTNUT, SWEET POTATO & CLEMENTINE PUREE – My Little Food Critic
SUITABLE FROM 6 MONTHS
MAKES 4 SERVINGS / PREPARE 5 MINS / COOK 10 MINS
This festive purée is bursting with Christmas flavour! It’s a great way to use seasonal veggies and fruits.
1/2 cup chestnuts (vacuum packed or tinned for example)
1 sweet potato, diced & peeled (medium sized)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Add the chestnuts and sweet potatoes to the Babycook® steaming basket.
2. Using a zest grater, grate the zest of clementine and add to the steaming basket.
3. Next peel the clementine and the orange slices.
4. Add the mixed spice.
5. Fill the water reservoir to level 2 (Babycook Solo Express 110ml on Express Cooking Mode / 130ml on Standard Cooking Mode).
6. Select steam cook.
7. Once steamed, carefully open the lid and remove the steaming basket.
8. Tip the contents of the steaming basket into the Babycook® blending bowl.
9. Blitz to purée to your babies preferred texture.
10. Serve and enjoy!
11. This puree can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Chestnuts – good source of amino acids and vitamin C.