COCONUT FISH CURRY – My Little Food Critic
SUITABLE FROM 8 MONTHS
MAKES 4 SERVINGS / PREPARE 10 MINS / COOK 30 MINS
This coconut fish curry is so flavourful and easy to make. It’s ready in 30 minutes and is so creamy and perfect for introducing vibrant spices to your babies diet!
1 cup/200g basmati rice, rinsed and drained
300g cod fillets, cut into chunks
1 onion, finely diced
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 heaped tsp garam masala
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tin full fat coconut milk
1/2 cup/120ml tomato passata or use 1/2 tin chopped tomatoes
A handful of chopped coriander
1. First add the basmati rice to the Beaba Babycook® Pasta/Rice cooker insert along with 3/4 cup/180ml of water. Fill the water reservoir to water level 3 (Babycook Solo Express 170ml on Standard Cooking Mode).
2. Steam cook. Once steamed, set aside the rice.
3. Then add the cod, onion, garlic, ginger, garam masala, turmeric, ground coriander, coconut milk and tomato passata to the steam basket of the Beaba Babycook®. Stir gently to combine.
4. Fill the steamer reservoir with water to level 3 (Babycook Solo Express 140ml on Standard Cooking Mode) and steam.
5. Once steamed, carefully open the lid and remove the steamer basket.
6. Transfer to a pan and add the liquid from the blending bowl.
7. Squeeze over the lemon juice and sprinkle over the chopped coriander before serving. Serve with the basmati rice or blend to your babies proffered texture.
8. The curry can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days or frozen for up to a month.
Cod – source of protein Ginger – anti-inflammatory properties