COD, SPINACH & LEMON PUREE – My Little Food Critic
SUITABLE FROM 6 MONTHS
MAKES 4 SERVINGS / PREPARE 5 MINS / COOK 15 MINS
This simple, flavoursome, and easy puree is packed with protein, iron and plenty of vitamins and minerals. The lemon adds a fresh burst of flavour that pairs perfectly with the cod. You could serve this with some rice or quinoa for a delicious lunch or dinner.
2 handfuls baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
100g fresh boneless cod fillet, chopped into cubes
A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp minced garlic
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1. Add the spinach, cod, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic into the Babycook® steaming basket and fill the water reservoir to level 2 (Babycook Solo Express 100ml on Standard Cooking Mode) and steam.
2. Once steamed, carefully open the lid, and remove the steaming basket.
3. Tip the contents of the steaming basket into the Babycook® blending bowl. Leave the water at the bottom of the steam basket as this has so much flavour!
4. Blitz to purée to your babies preferred texture.
5. Top with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
6. Serve and enjoy!
7. This puree can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Cod – Rich in B12 and healthy fats. Lemon – Fantastic source of vitamin C