MEXICAN RICE – My Little Food Critic
SUITABLE FROM 8 MONTHS
MAKES 2 SERVINGS / PREPARE 5 MINS / COOK 15 MINS
This quick and easy rice recipe is so flavoursome. The black beans add protein and iron to this delicious dish. The fresh tomatoes, beans and sweetcorn all add texture and flavour!
You could blend this with a splash of tomato passata if you wanted to serve it as a puree.
1/2 cup basmati rice
3/4 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 80g tin of sweetcorn
1/2 200g tin black beans
1 finely chopped tomato
A dollop of Greek or Dairy Free yoghurt
1. Rinse the rice until the water runs clear.
2. Then add the rice and 1/2 cup/120ml water to the Beaba Babycook® Pasta/Rice cooker insert. Then add the cumin, paprika and minced garlic.
3. Fill the water reservoir to water level 3 and steam cook.
4. Once steamed, transfer the cooked rice to a bowl.
5. Add the sweetcorn, black beans and chopped tomatoes. Then squeeze over the lemon juice and mix to combine.
6. Serve topped with avocado slices, yoghurt and fresh coriander.
7. You could also blitz this to purée to your babies preferred texture (just add 2 tbsp of tomato passata if pureeing).
Black beans – source of iron and protein Cumin – had anti inflammatory properties and is a great source of iron
Check Us Out!