PRAWN PAELLA –My Little Food Critic
SUITABLE FROM 8 MONTHS
MAKES 6 SERVINGS / PREPARE 10 MINS / COOK 20 MINS
This simple Spanish inspired Paella recipe is packed with flavour, iron rich and so quick and easy to make. The Babycook Neo does all the hard work for easy hands-free cooking!
1 cup/200g paella rice
1/2 cup/120ml no sodium/low sodium vegetable stock
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup/70g frozen peas
1 tin crushed/chopped tomatoes
1 heaped tsp paprika
2 tsp minced garlic
A pinch of saffron (optional)
100g prawns, uncooked
A handful of chopped parsley to garnish
1. First add the paella rice to the Beaba Babycook® Pasta/Rice cooker insert and fill the water reservoir to water level 3 (Babycook Solo Express 170ml on Standard Cooking Mode). Add the vegetable stock to the insert with the pasta and steam.
2. Once steamed, place the cooked rice into a large pan and set aside.
3. Then add the red bell pepper, onion, peas, crushed tomatoes, paprika, garlic, saffron (if using) and prawns to the steaming basket of the Beaba Babycook®. Stir to combine.
4. Fill the steamer reservoir with water to level 3 (Babycook Solo Express 120ml on Standard Cooking Mode) and steam.
5. Once steamed, carefully open the lid, and remove the steamer basket.
6. Tip the contents of the steaming basket into the pan with the rice and add half of the water from the Babycook® blending bowl. Stir to combine.
7. Serve topped with lemon and parsley.
8. If you prefer, you can blitz to purée to your babies preferred texture.
9. Serve and enjoy!
10. The paella can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days.
Red bell peppers – An excellent source of vitamins A and C Prawns – Are packed with significant amounts of vitamin B12 & B6. They are also a rich source of iron.