SUITABLE FROM 8 MONTHS
MAKES 3 SERVINGS / PREPARE 5 MINS / COOK 15 MINS
Spaghetti Bolognese in 15 minutes?!
YEP, that’s right! You can make this flavoursome and delicious dinner in just 15 minutes using the Beaba Babycook Neo! Simply add all of the Bolognese sauce ingredients and let the Babycook do all the hard work! It’s loaded with veggies, iron and protein making it a well-balanced meal for your family.
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried basil
1 carrot, peeled and cut into small pieces
1/2 red pepper, cut into small pieces
1 tbsp tomato purée
150g spaghetti of choice (use gluten free if necessary)
Optional (for serving):
Freshly chopped basil
Parmesan cheese (omit to keep this dairy free)
1. First add the pasta to the Beaba Babycook® Pasta/Rice cooker insert and fill the water reservoir to water level 3 and add 1/2 cup/120ml water to the insert with the pasta. Steam cook. Once steamed, place the spaghetti into a bowl and set aside.
2. Then add the onion, thyme, basil, garlic, carrot, red pepper, mince, tomato purée and passata to the steam basket of the Beaba Babycook®.
3. Fill the steamer reservoir with water to level 3 and steam for 15 minutes. #
4. Once the mince and veggies are steamed, carefully open the lid and remove the steamer basket.
5. Tip the contents of the steam basket into the blending bowl. Leave the water at the bottom of the steam basket as this has so much flavour!
6. Blitz to purée to your babies preferred texture.
7. Serve over the cooked spaghetti. Top with freshly chopped basil and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
8. Serve and enjoy!
9. The Bolognese sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Carrots – good source of vitamin C and great for eye health.
Basil – great source of Vitmain A, C and calcium
Check Us Out!