SPINACH, BANANA & KIWI PUREE – My Little Food Critic
SUITABLE FROM 6 MONTHS
MAKES 3 SERVINGS / PREPARE 5 MINS / COOK 0 MINS
This easy and quick purée is loaded with vitamin C, potassium, iron and fibre. The addition of chia seeds adds omega 3’s and some healthy fat.
You can serve this purée as it is, freeze into lollies using the multiportion or add it to yoghurt.
1 cup/30g spinach
1 tbsp milled chia seeds
1. Peel and chop the kiwi and then add to the blending bowl.
2. Next add the banana and spinach.
3. Pop the lid on and pulse to purée until smooth.
4. Transfer the puree to a bowl or jar and stir in the milled chia seeds.
5. Serve as it is, add to yoghurt or even freeze into lollies!
6. This can be stored in the fridge for 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Chia seeds – a good source of fibre and omega 3 fatty acids.
Banana – high in potassium and magnesium to support heart health.
Spinach – source of iron
Check Us Out!