SUITABLE FROM 12 MONTHS
MAKES 6 MUFFINS / PREPARE 10 MINS / COOK 15 – 18 MINS
These muffins are absolutely delicious, you can serve them up for breakfast or snack-time and they also freeze well. The batter comes together really quickly in under 10 mins and they are so flavoursome and spongy. They are also allergy friendly as they are nut free and can be made egg free & dairy free.
1 cup/120g spelt flour or you can sub wholewheat/plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg or a chia egg ( to make a chia egg combine 1 tbsp chia seeds with 3 tbsp of water and let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes until a gel like consistency forms)
1/3 cup/80ml whole milk (or substitute any plant-based milk for dairy free alternative)
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 cup/60ml maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
3/4 cup/150g strawberries, chopped
1. Preheat your owns to 180°C /360°F.
2. In a bowl combine the flour and baking powder, stirring well.
3. In another bowl, combine the egg/chia egg, milk, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Add in the chopped strawberries and gently fold in. Be careful not to over-mix.
6. Using a tablespoon, spoon the batter into your multiportion, about 3/4 of the way full in each hole.
7. Bake for about 15-18 minutes until golden.
8. Allow to cool before serving.
Strawberries – high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
Spelt Flour – contains essential nutrients, such as iron, magnesium, and zinc.
Check Us Out!