TUNA & SWEET POTATO FISHCAKES
SUITABLE FROM 8 MONTHS
MAKES 10 FISHCAKES / PREPARE 10 MINS / COOK 25 MINS
These fish cakes make for an easy high protein mid-week dinner. They also store really well in the freezer and are great for a quick lunch.
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
A large handful of chopped spinach
2 tbsp of finely chopped dill A handful of chopped parsley
1⁄2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 tbsp olive oil
1. First add the sweet potato, tuna, and spinach to the steaming basket. Fill the water reservoir to water level 3 and steam cook.
2. Once steamed, carefully open the lid. Discard the water at the bottom of the blending bowl and then tip the steamed veggies and fish into the blending bowl. Add the dill, parsley, and pepper. Pulse to combine.
3. Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture with a spoon and combine into balls. Place the balls in the breadcrumbs and press down a little to form fish cakes.
4. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook each fish cake for 2-3 minutes on each side.
5. This can be stored in the fridge for 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Tuna – good source of protein Sweet Potato – A great source of Vitamin A, which is needed for eye health and supports the immune system.
Check Us Out!