TUNA & SWEET POTATO FISHCAKES – My Little Food Critic
SUITABLE FROM 8 MONTHS
MAKES 10 FISHCAKES / PREPARE 10 MINS / COOK 25 MINS
These fish cakes make for an easy high protein mid-week dinner. They also store really well in the freezer and are great for a quick lunch.
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
A large handful of chopped spinach
2 tbsp of finely chopped dill A handful of chopped parsley
1⁄2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 tbsp olive oil
1. First add the sweet potato, tuna, and spinach to the Babycook® steaming basket. Fill the water reservoir to water level 3 (Babycook Solo Express 140ml on Standard Cooking Mode) and steam cook.
2. Once steamed, carefully open the lid. Discard the water at the bottom of the Babycook® blending bowl and then tip the steamed veggies and fish into the Babycook® blending bowl. Add the dill, parsley, and pepper. Pulse to combine.
3. Once the mixture is cool enough to handle, scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture with a spoon and combine into balls. Place the balls in the breadcrumbs and press down a little to form fish cakes.
4. Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook each fish cake for 2-3 minutes on each side.
5. This can be stored in the fridge for 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Tuna – good source of protein Sweet Potato – A great source of Vitamin A, which is needed for eye health and supports the immune system.