VEGGIE RISOTTO – My Little Food Critic
SUITABLE FROM 8 MONTHS
MAKES 6 SERVINGS / PREPARE 10 MINS / COOK 30 MINS
Forget standing by the stove and stirring and stirring for that perfect risotto consistency. This creamy and flavourful veggie risotto is so quick and easy to make in the Babycook Neo.
1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
½ courgette, finely chopped
½ onion, finely chopped
A handful of spinach, finely chopped
1 heaped tsp minced garlic
½ cup/100g risotto rice
1 ½ cups/360ml low salt/no salt vegetable stock
2 tbsp butter
½ cup/45g parmesan cheese
1. Add the carrots, courgette, onion, spinach and garlic to the Babycook® steaming basket and fill the water reservoir to level 2 (Babycook Solo Express 140ml on Standard Cooking Mode), and steam cook.
2. Carefully open the lid, discard the water at the bottom of the blending bowl and then tip the cooked veggies into a pan and set aside.
3. Add the risotto rice to the Babycook® Pasta/Rice cooker. Fill the water reservoir to water level 3 (Babycook Solo Express 170ml on Standard Cooking Mode) and add 1 1/2 cups/360ml vegetable stock to the insert with the risotto rice. Steam cook.
4. Once steamed, carefully open the lid, place the cooked rice into the pan with the veggies.
5. Pour in the water at the bottom of the blending bowl. Stir to combine.
6. Add the butter and Parmesan cheese, stirring until everything is well combined.
7. Serve and enjoy! Or you can blend this down to your babies preferred texture if you like.
8. This can be stored in the fridge for 2 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
Carrots – good source of vitamin C and great for eye health.
Courgette – a good source of vitamin A